2012 vs 2011
* Visitor number decreases by 1.4 million to 19.8 million or 6.9% less than in 2011 due to the impact of the Olympic Games, the European Football Championship and the crisis in Spain
* Improved total turnover by 0.3% thanks to higher revenue per visitor, revenue growth in all other business lines and the acquisition of Brightfish in 2011
* Continued improvement of operating ratios and efficiency
* Increase current EBITDA by 3.2% to € 74.0 million
* Rise in current profit by 6.3% to € 37.4 million and earnings per share by 11.2% to € 6.15
* Increase dividend per share with 31.1% to € 2.36 based on 35% pay-out ratio and current number of dividend eligible shares
* Limited increase net financial debt of € 13.7 million due to share buy-back
In spite of the fall in the number of visitors by 1.4 million, turnover rose by 0.3%, due to the higher turnover per visitor and the revenue growth of all other activities, together with the impact of the integration of Brightfish as from October 2011. This turnover growth and the continued improvements in operating efficiency led to a rise in current EBITDA by 3.2% to € 74.0 million and a rise in current profit to € 37.4 million. Together with the share buy-back programme, this results in strong value creation for shareholders. Profit per share rose by 11.2% and dividend per share by 31.1%.
Because of the increased profit Kinepolis also generated a higher free cash flow (€ 54.1 million) and net financial debt only rose by € 13.7 million after the € 47.9 million capital optimisation through share buy-back, resulting in a very low debt ratio.