- Visitor numbers rose by 12.5% to 22.1 million, due mainly to expansion but also thanks to a strong film offer.
- Total revenue rose by 14.8% due to the rise in visitor numbers, higher sales per visitor and the increased B2B and real estate revenue.
- Current EBITDA rose by 22.5% to € 91 million and grew also faster than visitor numbers, due to a further improvement in operational efficiency of both existing and acquired cinemas.
- Net current profit rose by 21.4% to € 43.2 million. Earnings per share were € 1.20.
- Net financial expenses increased by 80.5% to € 7.7 million, due to the pre-financing of planned expansion projects.
- Free cash flow rose by 27.5% to € 66.0 million.
- The net financial debt increased by 36.5% to € 162.0 million, due to the expansion.
- The proposed dividend per share is € 0.80, a rise of 15.9%, on the basis of a 50% pay-out ratio and the number of shares entitled to dividend on 18 February 2016.
- Due to a potential claim as a consequence of the decision of the EU Commission with regard to the Belgian Excess Profit Ruling (EPR), a provision was established for € 9.4 million, in compliance with the principle of prudence. This amount covers the full potential liability, including interest charges. As a consequence of this provision, the profit was € 32.3 million.
In 2015 Kinepolis generated € 301.6 million in revenue and € 43.2 million net current profit and continued to successfully implement its expansion strategy
Kinepolis Group NV was formed in 1997 as a result of the merger of two family-run cinema groups and was listed on the stock exchange in 1998. Kinepolis offers an innovative cinema concept which serves as a pioneering model within the industry. In addition to its cinema business, the Group is also active in film distribution, event organization, screen publicity and property management.
In Europe, Kinepolis Group NV has 58 cinemas spread across Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Poland. Since the acquisition of Canadian movie theatre group Landmark Cinemas and American movie theatre group MJR Digital Cinemas, Kinepolis also operates 46 cinemas in Canada and 10 in the US.
In total, Kinepolis Group currently operates 114 cinemas worldwide, with a total of 1,106 screens and almost 200,000 seats. Kinepolis’ employees are all committed to giving millions of visitors an unforgettable movie experience.